Click the map to view an interactive Google map


City of London Information 2001 Census:

Lambeth at a Glance

Lambeth Statistics

Map of Neighbourhood Resources

History:
The Village of Lambeth has been known by a number of different names: Wahoo, a native name, The Junction, because it was located at the junction of two crossroads; St. Andrews, the name given on Westminster Township Plan No. 27, dated June 18, 1853; Lambeth, at the request of the Post Master, John Chalmers, the name was changed from Westminster by which name mail had been received.  This change was authorized by the Post Office Inspector, Gilbert E. Griffith, March, 1857.  Slab Town was a nick name given because of the planked roads. Among the first white settlers was Abraham Patrick who came from Niagara Falls, in 1809, after obtaining 200 acres of land, Lot 71, West Talbot Road.  His house, the first to be built in Lambeth, was on the east side of the Dingman Creek.   He is credited with cutting the road down the winding hill into Byron.   Another settler was Jeremiah Schram who came to Lambeth, after a brief sojourn in Delaware, in 1810 or 1811.  In 1826 he bequeathed the northeast corner of his property for a burying ground and a place of worship.

Click here for more history

Architectural Styles:

Schools
The school facilities listed show the schools located in the area. No assumption of automatic enrolment of your child into any particular facility is implied.  Parents must speak to the school board of interest for child enrollment.

Public Elementary:
A.E. Duffield Public School

Catholic Elementary:
Covenant Christian School

Post Secondary Institutions
University of Western Ontario:
Fanshawe College

Sports Facilities and Parks
Greenhills Golf and Country Club
Ralph Hamlyn Park
Lambeth Optimist Park
Sandra McInnis Woods
Graham Place Park

Libraries
Lambeth Branch Library

Hospitals
London Health Sciences
St. Joseph's Health Care:

Transportation
London Transportation Commission Ride-Guide Map