Click the map to view an interactive Google map
City of London Information 2001 Census:
In March of 1793, Governor Simcoe, his aides and Jack Sharp (the family Newfoundland Dog) camped overnight at the Westminster Ponds the evening before they hiked down to the forks of the Thames in the Village of London. House construction began in the village of Chelsey Green (Adelaide Street, south of the river Thames) in the late 1800's and continued development and expansion through WWII. During this time the area between Wellington and Highbury saw a lot of action during the Rebellion of 1837 while farmers revolted as they listened to William Lyon MacKenzie at Swartz's Tavern. The Guthrie House (formerly Swartz's Tavern), located on Commissioners at the west border of Glen Cairn, was where the Home Children from England were sent during WWII.
Architectural styles in this area reflect the many eras ranging from ornate Victorian to modern construction.
The school facilities listed show the schools located in the area. No assumption of automatic enrolment of your child into any particular facility is implied. Parents must speak to the school board of interest for child enrollment.
Glen Cairn Public School
Princess Elizabeth Public School
St. Sebastian Catholic School
Post Secondary Institutions
University of Western Ontario:
Sports Facilities and Parks
Glen Cairn Community Resource Centre
Glen Cairn Park
Westminster Park borders the west side of Glen Cairn.
East Park Golf Gardens is east of the Glen Cairn area by 15 minutes or so by car. It provides lots of activities for the entire family.
Pond Mills Library
London Health Sciences
St. Joseph's Health Care:
London Transportation Commission Ride-Guide Map
Glen Cairn Centre